[Black Desert Mobile Guide] Pets!
# 1

🐾  Pets  🐾

►Why are pets important?

Pets are a necessity in BDM because they ultimately help farming by picking up loot chests around you automatically. Pets come with skills that gives you extra bonuses and extra CP thanks to the Pet Album.

►How do I get a pet?

There are multiple ways as to how to get a pet:

1. When starting the game, within the first 10 minutes of playing, you will be offered to pick a free pet. You can pick either the Mischievous Dog or the Brown Cat. They both will be given to you as a tier 1 pet.

2. Later on in the game, after leveling up your black spirit, you will be able to purchase the Skinny Black Cat for 400 black pearls in the pearl shop.

This is a one time purchase!

3. If you’re willing to spend some cash on the adorable companions, you can purchase any pet for 400 pearls in the pearl shop.

4. For F2P players, all pets cost 2 million silver coins in the market. You’ll just have to be patient with the bidding process. 

5. The last way to get a pet, which isn’t announced beforehand, is when a special event happens. For example, this New Years, everyone got a free,

random tier one pet.

►What type pets are available for purchase?

As of writing, there are eight pets in the pearl shop (not including the black pearl Skinny Black Cat):

1. Lost Penguin

2. Snow Wolfdog

3. Mischievous Dog

4. Brown Cat

5. Shepherd

6. Skinny Black Cat

7. Brown Guide Hawk

8. Sky Hawk

►Okay, I have a pet now. What are these tiers?

Glad you asked! All pets, when bought, are given to you as a tier 1. When you have a tier 1 pet, the pet will have 1 skill and will have the slowest pickup time than the other tiers. Still can’t follow? Here’s a table to help you understand:

►Now, you might also be wondering, which skills are my pets able to have?

Here is a table showing all of the skills your pet is able to receive:

Possible Skills Amount 
Inventory +50 LT- +200 LT
Knowledge Gain Rate +2%- +5%
Dark Energy EXP

+2%- +5%

Fishing EXP  +2%- +5%
Mining EXP +2%- +5%
Foraging EXP +2%- +5%
Logging EXP

+2%- +5%

Combat EXP +2%- +5%

The skill(s) your pets receive are random. You are able to level up your pet skills all the way to level 10, using stamina if you want to skip the long waits. Though, if you are wanting to change the skill you currently have or want more than one skill, you’re able to fuse pets.

►Fusing?

Fusing pets allows you to have a higher tier pet. Remember the tier chart above? The higher the tier, the quicker the pickup time is, the more skills your pet can have, and the addition of a few more CP from the Pet Album. 

►How do I fuse my pet?

In order to fuse your pet, you’ll need to have two pets of the same tier. For example, fusing two tier 1s will give you a single tier 2 pet. This continues all the way to a tier 4 pet. To start fusing, you’ll need to put your pets away. To do this, click their adorable faces underneath the chat box. Then select the pet and

press home. Beside the info tab, click exchange. Now click the two pets you want to exchange. Click the pet you want to save the appearance as, if you want to switch out your current skill or not, and press fuse! But be careful. Fusing pets can fail. This will only leave you with one tier 1 pet instead of two tier 1 pets. 

►You keep mentioning free CP with the Pet Album. What’s the deal with that?

Ah, you caught me! The Pet Album is simple really. Think of it as the Collection feature. The more pets you collect, you gain CP. The higher the tier of those pets, you gain CP. That’s all there is to it. Oh, and there is one difference between Collection and Pet Album. When you register your pet, you don’t lose it. How neat is that!

►Help! My pet is dead and isn’t picking my loot up anymore!

No worries! This happens frequently when farming. To fix this issue, you’ll need pet food. Pet food can be purchased at the livestock vendor in every town. To find them, go to the map and click list. The livestock vendor is always underneath the health pot vendor, so they should be the second on the list. If they aren’t,    look for the vendor with the cow shaped icon next to their name.

When the food is purchased, click your pet’s icon underneath the chat box and feed them until they’re full.

➝ I hope this guide helped you and your companion on your journey for any questions you may have had. Stay safe, Adventurer!

America-Kaia-Aikra

2020-01-12 17:12
America
REST0376931
# 2

1/29/2020 Update:

Along with the release of the new class, Sorceress, a new pet is now up for grabs.

How do I get the new pet?

Sadly, the crow is unavailable for purchase by itself. Instead, in the pearl shop, there is an All-Inclusive Growth Package for 2,000 pearls that includes a tier 1 crow along with other valuable items. 

However, there is a chance for F2P players in the new event called Black Spirit’s Puzzle Event. There are multiple boards with different major prizes, but one of the prizes is a tier 4 crow.

I wish you the best on your journey, Adventurer!

2020-01-30 19:11
America
REST0376931
# 3
My pets aren't pick items, is something wrong?
2020-10-17 03:24
Asia
REST2859455
# 4

Hi, If you fuse the pets are we gonna be able to keep the stats that we leveled up on them or it will be lost in the merge? 

Should we level up all stats of the pet first before fusing or we can fuse them right away without finishing the trainings?

2021-03-03 15:48
Asia
Mattiee
# 5
How do I replace / switch active pets? I simply can't figure it out. And it's probably super simple and I'm just dumb? Just please tell me how to do it. Thanks 👍
2023-12-23 02:52
Europe
YuunaHimekaw