Lancer Rework. Does it need more work?
# 1

Lancer rework... overall I like some of the changes, but it still feels a bit short compared to some of the newer and reworked classes in Arena.

Radiant Burst: I get why you removed Super Armor from it given its speed but why decrease the distance for this key gap closer? This just feels like a worse Crescendo from Lotus. Compared to other classes with gap closers you've made this on par with speed, but handy capped it on utility. Even from a combo perspective this does not even serve as a good intra-damage combo and really only serves as a crappy gap closer after Righteous Torment Flow: Sacred Light and lands only 1 of the 2 hits when trying to attack back in.

Divine Guard: why remove the Super Armor from Flow: Enslar's Shield? Felt necessary it have for Arena.

Holy Thrust: I like the SLIGHT increase in speed for back to back use, but overall kinda the same move as before with an improvement for a situation if you happen to be sitting on both of your charges.

Righteous Torment: Like the improvements just wish that we are able to manually control the distance traveled during battle instead of toggling a Flow, but from a play/program perspective I guess that would be difficult to be able to use Flow: Sacred Light after a short run if the toggle isnt active.

Rejection: No real changes made here. Maybe couldve made this more PvE focused and change one of the Ahib/Aal to a Serret or increase the skill speed to make it more applicable to farming. Maybe add a "skill combo" from Holy Thrust to Rejection. Right now its only Divine Guard to Rejection.

Retribution: No changes made here. Only decent skill for PvE farming. Fine where it is.

Fallen Angel: Glad that we can now control direction traveled, but the distance traveled is shorter than before and the falling speed is decreased. Before it was more instantaneous when holding the skill button to teleport to target. Hang time also feels slightly shorter than before. Decent skill combo improvement to flow with Divine Judgement. Kind of forces the use of Divine Judgement in the skill wheel, but not like there's any other good viable skills. Wished there was a Flow or something that would increase either falling speed, increased hang time, or increased distance traveled.

Sanctify: Much needed speed improvement. Good Job here!

Smite: What is this skill even good for? Terrible for PvE and Terrible for PvP. If the first hit inflicted Stun or had branch skill or affected more enemies then this might serve a purpose. Poor damage, poor combo capabilities, and poor utility. If there ever was a skill that needed a rework it would be this one.

These are just my thoughts from maining Lancer before the rework, switching classes due to Lancer being incredibly outclassed, and then maining it again after rework. 

2021-02-03 17:31
America
Odinforged