iOS app update policy
# 1
iOS has to review the update people. This wait time is not due directly to the devs. No matter how much you complain about it, delete the app, or otherwise spew nonsense about the wait time, there is nothing the Devs can do at this time.
All we can do is hope the devs do a better job with timing and servers, as expected from a game like this. The devs do have a fault in this yes, but not entirely. A quick google search said it can be between 24-48 hours. So in the meantime just sit back and play another game or something. I’m sure the devs are apologetic and will give some type of reward worth our time.
If anything, the devs surely don’t want this. Bottom line is they’re losing revenue because of this.
2019-12-17 13:12
America
Äurora
# 2
Losing revenue? They’re making x10 more on pc/console. Mobile is a side business for them. Plus look at their other games.
2019-12-17 13:16
America
LAYL0W
# 3

@OP

Yes. THANK YOU. As someone who works as an SWE, the App Store contains STRICT guidelines regarding acceptance. It's not as simple as rolling back or degrading a server. There is so many async/sync operations on the stack that it would cause more harm than good.

More on this can be found here in their review section: App Store Review

2019-12-17 13:18
America
Danbi
# 4
Revenue loss is still revenue loss. Regardless of their higher profit platforms. Not only that, but it’s surely hurting them in reviews and player activity.
2019-12-17 13:18
America
Äurora
# 5
No you are wrong. It is one hundred percent the devs fault. Other developers submit their updates in advance. Apple will even hold an update until a specified time if you give them enough time. Other games have no problem with apple’s system.

It is gross negligence on devs behalf to not have properly planned for this.
2019-12-17 13:22
America
Ensane
# 6

Can you imagine what kind of reward this should be?

The whole day in people is lost when other players can develop at the moment. Resources, money, daily quests, clan quests, arena quests, raid bosses, gems, etc.

Here, even if they give 1000 black gems, it does not compensate for the loss of this time.

2019-12-17 13:25
Europe
REST0070495
# 7
Yes, the devs do have part to blame in this, you are correct. BUT, not entirely. Poor planing, yes.
All we can hope for is better treatment from them in the future.

Though I doubt an appropriate compensation amount will be given, anything is better than nothing I suppose.

Bottom line is there isn’t much we can do beside look at it as a glass half fun or glass half empty.
2019-12-17 13:29
America
Äurora
# 8

@Ensane

Did you even ready the update policy...lmao. Here I am, an SWE talking to you how it works and not even half of what I typed got to you. Gross negligance implies that they did this purposefully disregarding consequences. So no, this isn't gross negligance.

2019-12-17 13:29
America
Danbi